Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scissors!

Before I got into Scrapbooking I had this image of a bunch of "Holly Hobbies" gathered around a table gossipping about the "Holly" that just left! I didn't really understand modern scrapbooking, I thought of it in it's historic content.  In fact did you know Thomas Jefferson, was THE original "Scrapper"!  Or at least one of the first, can you imagine sitting around the table eating chocolate and telling Ol' Tom about your kids, the mean lady at work and your hot flashes!?!!!  What I have discovered is that there is so much more to scrapbooking than putting interesting newspaper clippings and post cards in a scrapbook.  I have discovered that it is simply therapy!  It's the opportunity to make friends, to get to know other women and realize you are not alone.  We laugh together and we cry together, if someone is hurting we try to cheer them up.  As women we need these opportunities, the chance to express ourselves, it seems it's almost as essential as the hobby itself. 

Last Saturday, I was simply sad,  I have had a crap fest of a year,  I almost didn't go to the crop  I thought maybe I should stay home,  I went.  Well, let me tell you it felt so nice to be among friends that by the time I got home I really didn't know why I was sad in the first place. 

I love the way the ladies at RWS have come together to have a potluck instead of eating out.  How, when someone looks at her page and says "I don't know, somethings missing? What do you think?"  At least a couple of ladies will stand up take a look and start offering up possibilities.  They'll even dig into some of their own stash.  Now,  I ask you - you of the Sisterhood to pray send good thoughts for one of our sisters today!  Anne Dively is under the knife today, she is fighting her fight against breast cancer. 

Thanks Good Ol' Tom for my Sisterhood of the Traveling Scissors!!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Independence-OR/Running-With-Scissors/290364680120

No comments:

Post a Comment